Tax-Aide at the Downtown Library
Thursdays & Fridays
Feb. 5 – April 10, 2015
What is Tax-Aide?
Volunteers from the Association of American Retired Persons (AARP) provide free assistance with federal and Oregon returns for low and middle income taxpayers. Service preference is given to the elderly and disabled. AARP volunteers cannot help with depreciation, rental income, or complex investment income.
How do I get an appointment at the Library?
Thursdays: Sign-ups begin at 12:30 p.m. for appointments between 1-7 p.m.
Fridays: Sign-ups begin at 8:30 a.m. for appointments between 9 a.m.-4 p.m.
- All appointments for the day are often handed out right away.
- People usually line up before sign-ups begin.
- Once you get an appointment, you may leave the Library and return at the appointed time.
- Each appointment is budgeted for one hour.
I need to schedule an appointment in advance. Can I still get Tax-Aide help?
Yes, but not at the Library. Click the link below to find other locations.
Is assistance available in Spanish?
AARP plans to provide an interpreter. To ensure correct filing, bring an interpreter if needed.
What to Bring for Tax-Aide
Bring the applicable documents from this list:
Social Security card or ITIN and birth date for each household member
Photo identification for taxpayers
2014 federal & state returns
All your tax documents:
- W-2s (wages)
- 1095A (proof of medical coverage)
- 1099SSA (Social Security statement)
- 1099B (brokerage transactions)
- 1099M (misc. income)
- 1099R (retirement income)
- 1099INT (interest income)
- 1099DIV (dividends income)
All your tax-deductible expenses:
- Self-employment expenses
- Medical expenses (if itemizing)
- County taxes paid in 2014
- 1098I (tax-deductible interest paid)
- 1098T (tuition expenses)
- 1098E (student loan interest)
- Charitable contributions (if itemizing)
Any correspondence with IRS or Oregon Dept. of Revenue
Other tax preparation assistance
Find additional Tax Aide sites near you
IRS Local Office
211 East 7th, Eugene
Services provided at the local office
Oregon Dept. of Revenue Local Office
1600 Valley River Dr. #310, Eugene