Tax-Aide at the Downtown Library
Thursdays & Fridays
Feb. 4 – April 15, 2016
Downtown Eugene Public Library
Thursdays: Sign-ups begin at 12:30 p.m. for same-day appointments between 1-6 p.m.
Fridays: Sign-ups begin at 8:30 a.m. for same-day appointments between 9 a.m.-3 p.m.
- People usually line up before sign-ups begin.
- Once you get an appointment, you may leave and return at the appointed time.
- Each appointment is budgeted for one hour.
Volunteers from the Association of American Retired Persons (AARP) provide free assistance with federal and Oregon returns for seniors and low and middle income taxpayers. Service preference is given to seniors and disabled.
AARP volunteers cannot help with depreciation, rental income, or complex investment income.
Assistance in Spanish: AARP plans to provide an interpreter. To ensure correct filing, bring an interpreter if needed.
The Library offers same-day appointments. To schedule an appointment in advance, click the link below to find other Tax-Aide sites.
Bring with you:
Social Security card or ITIN and birth date for each household member
Government-issued photo identification for all taxpayers
Copies of 2014 federal and state tax returns
All your 2015 tax documents:
- W-2s (wages)
- 1095A. 1095B, 1095C (proof of medical coverage)
- 1099SSA (Social Security statement)
- 1099B (brokerage transactions)
- 1099M (misc. income)
- 1099R (retirement income)
- 1099INT (interest income)
- 1099DIV (dividends income)
All your tax-deductible expenses:
- Self-employment expenses
- Medical expenses (if itemizing)
- County taxes paid in 2014
- 1098I (tax-deductible interest paid)
- 1098T (tuition expenses)
- 1098E (student loan interest)
- Charitable contributions (if itemizing)
Any correspondence with IRS or Oregon Dept. of Revenue